Sunday, May 24, 2009

Awesome Ribs

I needed a good rib recipe for our Memorial Day barbeque. Yes, I've made ribs countless times on the grill - sometimes with rubs, sometimes with a homemade sauce. But I still hadn't found "the" rib recipe. I found this one on Recipezaar and I'd have to say it is a "keeper". This takes some work, or perhaps I need to say this takes a little time, but it is well worth the effort. Everyone at the barbeque thought my ribs were outstanding. They even put hubby into a "food coma" and he had to go to bed after our guests left. Ha! I know the truth - he didn't want to help clean up!! :)
Awesome Ribs
2 good quality rib racks (pork or beef - I used pork)
2 garlic cloves, just smashed
1 onion, quartered
2-3 stalks celery, broken in half
2-3 carrots, broken in half
1-2 t onion powder
1-2 t garlic powder
2 t liquid smoke
water or stock to cover
salt and pepper
1-2 T sugar (optional)
Clean and cut ribs in half (I cut into 3 rib sections). Put all ingredients to a large stock pot. I used a mixture of chicken stock and water to cover all the ingredients. Liquid should just cover the ribs and vegetables. Bring to a boil then reduce heat until just barely boiling (look for little "blips" in the water). Partially cover the pot and let cook for about one hour. Drain, discard vegetables and grill with your favorite sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment