Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Old Fashioned Peach Cake

Last Sunday my husband took our two older sons fishing at a friend's "fishing lodge". I've never been to a "fishing lodge", but it conjures up images of Teddy Roosevelt fly-fishing off a pier! LOL!! Anyway, they came home with quite a few trout. I seem to remember Benjamin Franklin saying fish and visitors smell in three days, so I decided to cook the trout up fast. I wanted a spring dessert to go with the meal, and was very happy to find the recipe for this Old Fashioned Peach Cake from Alwayzbakin It was amazing. I liked the fact the top has a crumble on it instead of the heavy frosting (which my kids don't need just before starting their homework!!). I think the cake could work just as easily as a brunch dessert too - or to take to a potluck. It is very versatile. Thanks Michele!!
OLD FASHIONED PEACH CAKE
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 (21 oz) can peach pie filling
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but you can leave out if you wish)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, pie filling, eggs, and 1/2 tsp lemon extract. Blend at low speed until completely moistened, about 1 minute. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in nuts if using. Spread batter in a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. In a medium bowl combine sugar, flour, softened butter and 1/2 tsp lemon extract with a fork. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake 40 - 45 minutes until center springs back slightly when touched.

2 comments:

  1. Yours looks great!! Thanks for mentioning my blog. :) Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make this recipe this upcoming week! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete