Sunday, May 24, 2009

Burgers on the Barbie

No, this isn't a photo of hubby and me right after we got married!! LOL!! It's what I post when I didn't get a chance to take a photo of my culinary creation! Last night was our "official" kick off to the summer season. It has to start with burgers. Now until Labor Day I will make burgers on the barbie at least once a week (no, I'm not Australian either - I just like the alliteration!). This week I made Laura's Tasty Burgers from Real Mom Kitchen. They are so simple and so good - even my one picky eater son wolfed his down and wanted more!! We paired it up with Aunt Gert's Macaroni Salad (see previous post). If you want to see an awesome photo of this burger, just click on the Real Mom Kitchen link above. Otherwise, you'll have to enjoy my adorable photo which I've named "Woman with Pearl Earring Barbecuing for Caveman Husband"!! Enjoy!!
Laura's Tasty Burgers
1 lb ground beef **
1 T McCormick's Grill Mates hamburger seasoning (this stuff is going next to my salt shaker - it's that good!!)
garlic salt (I used Adobo seasoning)
Mix the ground beef and seasoning mix together in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties. Sprinkle patties with garlic salt (Adobo seasoning) and grill.
I made 5 burgers with 2 lbs of extra lean ground beef and used 1 1/2 T hamburger seasoning. Just an FYI! We're carnivores!!
Thanks Laura and keep up the great recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment