Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chicken Marinade

This is my Tried and True recipe for chicken marinade. In the summer, when grilling season is at a peak, I like to double the chicken and marinade and freeze the extra. Summer is such a rush-rush season for us, it's great to have something quick in the freezer that tastes great!! The extra this week is going into my Italian Penne Pasta I'm making Thursday night. It's a hit at our house!
Chicken Marinade
from Menus4Moms.com May 2005
1/2 c red wine vinegar
1 C soy sauce
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 t basil
1 t Adobo
1/2 t pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Place about 6 lbs chicken breasts in large freezer style zip-lock bags (about 8 chicken breasts). Pour marinade evenly over chicken. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 24 hours (I put the bags in large dishes in case they leak). When ready to grill, discard marinate and grill as usual. Freeze any leftover chicken individually for use in various chicken recipes or to reheat and eat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to see your post! I was just going to search this week for a marinade for chicken. I can't wait to try it! Your chicken looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete