Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I've Been Up To

Well, as you can tell, trying to post an entire week's menu with recipes just isn't going to happen for me! So, I'll go to the more traditional posts and try for one a day about a recipe or special ingredient. All I can say is the last few weeks were hectic! We had Teacher Appreciation Week for both my sons' schools, and I decided to make the gifts (what was I thinking?????). Two weeks straight I cut and sewed coffee cup sleeves, made lemon-blueberry muffins, and bagged up gift bags for the teachers. Oh, yea, then I decided to help with the luncheon and made a vegetable lasagna! Ugh, I'm glad that's all done.
I'm trying hard to get my garden and containers planted this week. We are expected to have beautiful weather, so I should be able to finish. I've posted a photo of some of my containers. I love to plant tuberous begonias with herbs tucked in between. These pots are not quite finished - I'm still on the look-out for some yellow tuberous begonias to add. I've got some oregano, rosemary, parsley, and thyme planted in with the flowers.
This year I'm also trying some square foot garden beds. I'm excited to get some tomatoes, peppers, and maybe even a watermelon planted this week - I'll keep you posted!
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment