Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Girl Paula - Fruit Bowl

Wow, has it been (almost) a whole week since I've posted??? Yikes! All I can say is that the holiday weekend and our swim team schedule really played a number on me!
Ok, I was all set on making this recipe for My Girl Paula's entry this week for the 4th of July, but I was vetoed. The "boys" wanted watermelon. I decided to make it tonight with our dinner. I fixed it up early in the day so it could sit in the refrigerator. So what did I think.....hmm..interesting. I think it's really, really sweet - Tang, lemon pudding, pineapple juice. That's a really sweet combination. The color is a little too "nuclear" for me too. I'm not sure you can really see it in the photo, but the "syrup" it makes is very orange and thick. My three year old loved it, though!! Fruit cocktail that is as sweet as candy!! My older sons and husband had a couple of bites and said it was "alright". That's not too bad, considering if they really don't like something they'll tell me!
So, what's up for this week? It's another busy week. Hubby is getting ready to leave on a big fishing trip to Canada at the end of the week. My one son has a swim meet again on Wednesday evening, and I've got to get my cookies baked to send out for Operation Baking Gals and my pie for You Want Pies With That? I'm tired just thinking about it all!! I'll post more this week as I get things baked! Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. I thought it had too much "sauce"; otherwise, we loved it! I still need to post, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sure looks cute in the little bowls! I'm glad we weren't the only ones who thought it wasn't great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good. I was bad. I didn't make it. I've been so busy. I hope you had a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete