Thursday, July 16, 2009

Barbecue Cups - Here's One For the Kids!

My husband is off in Canada fishing this week. I'm happy because Canada doesn't let you bring back the fish you catch (they're kind of touchy about their fish, I guess!). But that means I won't have a whole week next week fixing fish! I guess that's what you call a "Win-Win"!!
So, this week my meals have been a little easier and "kid friendly". Of course, my three-year-old will only eat chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and yogurt - not much planning there! But for my older two I'm trying to make some of their childhood favorite recipes. One of those is barbecue cups. I found this in a cookbook years ago, and mysteriously the cookbook is now gone. I highly suspect my husband is slowly selling my cookbooks on E-bay to support my cookbook purchasing fetish! LOL!!
This recipe is very simple, and similar to sloppy joes, only in a biscuit. I had a hard time finding 10-count biscuits this week, so I used the Grands 8-count and divided them in half. I think they turned out just fine. They are very good served with Tater Tots or French Fries.
Barbecue Cups
1 roll of 10 refrigerator biscuits
1 lb hamburger
1/4 c brown sugar
2 t mustard
3/4 - 1 c barbecue sauce
1/2 c chopped onion, if desired
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
Grease muffin tins and heat oven to 25 degrees. Brown hamburger and drain off excess grease. Add all other ingredients to taste except the cheese. Add 1 biscuit in each tin and spread out to form a cup. Divide meat mixture into each cup. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. As soon as taking them out sprinkle cheese on each cup. Serve immediately.
Enjoy!
***Tomorrow's Post: Marinated Grilled Chicken Dinner Salad***

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute, and they sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! They look yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete